We are glad to announce that Sri Lanka has opened airports for foreign tourists from 21st January 2021.
Tourists must stay at a certified ‘Safe & Secure’ Level 1 hotel for up to 13 nights/14 days of their stay.
Weligama Bay Resort is listed among Level 1 hotels and has Safe&Secure certificate.
As Level 1 hotel we may accommodate only tourists up to 14 days/nights after their arrival to Sri Lanka.
We highly recommend to all tourist to check all essential information on web srilanka.travel where you may find document such as Sri Lanka Tourism Safety Protocol, Approved Tourism Sites and Attractions, Health and Declaration Form, Information on Covid 19 Insurance and FAQ.
HEALTH & SAFETY – Our commitment to the safety of our guests and employees
The safety and health of our guests, employees, partners and fellow citizens remain our top priority. We continuously follow the latest news and recommendations by experts and local authorities.
The hotel obtained the CERTIFICATE of CONFORMITY COVID-19 SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM from the Sri Lanka Standards Institution.
We have taken additional measures developed with information from the local public health authorities in our hotel such as:
* We maintain higher standards of cleanliness and hygiene that includes the highest hand washing hygiene, public area and guest rooms cleaning procedures and laundry service procedures. We are using special detergents to clean Guest rooms after check-out and before the next guest arrival;
* We replaced all our mattresses May 2020; new mattresses Spring Air – back supporter perfect balance series;
* We frequently sanitize the public areas of the hotel (including lobby, elevator, bathrooms) and have introduced antibacterial hand sanitizers in public areas as well;
* Tables in our restaurants will be in minimum distance of 1,5-2m one from each other and will be sanitized after each use;
* All our rooms and villas have individual A/C we do not have central A/C system;
* Bawana Spa treatments and surf lessons with hotel instructor available with 1st after arrival PCR test negative result;
* Hotel may organize trips to SLTDA approved Tourism Sites & Attractions that are possible to visit with 1st after arrival PCR test negative result (at this moment it is not allowed to visit Tourism Sites&Attractions and will be updated in middle of June 2021).
HOW TO APPLY FOR VISA
Applies to International Tourists visiting Sri Lanka under tourist visa and optional for dual citizens, valid resident visa holders, Sri Lankan citizens who opt to come under the tourism route.
* As explained in Sri Lanka Tourism Protocol each traveler must have a hotel booking in a Safe & Secure Level 1 hotel/s for duration of stay up to 14 days, irrespective of COVID-19 vaccination status. Hotel booking could be made directly with the hotel or through travel Agent or OTA), pre-purchased PCR test and a mandatory Covid-19 insurance before applying for a VISA
* All visas must be applied ONLY online through the Immigration ETA portal (www.eta.gov.lk).
Before you apply for your visa, you need to have a confirmed hotel booking, pre-purchased PCR tests and a mandatory COVID-19 Insurance Cover, paid for through your ‘Safe & Secure’ Level 1 hotel when making your booking. The hotel will issue a Reference number which you need to include in your online visa form under the section ‘Contact details’. There you will be asked for ‘Address in Sri Lanka’ under which you need to indicate your hotel name, address and the reference number issued.
MANDATORY PCR TEST AND COVID-19 INSURANCE
1. The cost per pre-purchased PCR test is 40 USD per test depending on the length of stay:
a) children below 2 years are exempted from PCR testing (Day One on Arrival test and Exit test). However if the parents/guardians develop symptoms or result in positive PCR test reports children will undergo PCR tests.
b) children between 2-12 years undergo only Exit PCR test
c) all travellers of 12 years and above shoud undergo Day One on Arrival test and Exit test
2. Mandatory COVID-19 Insurance cover from People’s Insurance PLC costs 12 USD
3. The hotel must collect these funds in advance and tranfer these to Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority bank account until the mobile App or web based solution available from SLTDA, then guests will be able to pay online
4. The hotel will issue a Reference number to guest after to receive the payment for PCR tests and the Covid-19 insurance (the guest will be asked to provide hotel with passport number).
The Reference number has to be given in the ETA visa form when guest asks for visa on eta.gov.lk (see above).
5. Guest is kindly asked to provide hotel with VISA application number as soon as receive this from ETA. Hotel must provide this number along with others details to Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority to ensure VISA process.
PCR TEST PROCEDURE
With respect to Health Guidelines Tourist Route issued on 11th May 2021 and updated Quarantine measures for travellers issued on 28th May (these MOH measures effective for June 2021 only at this moment):
* 1st of the prepaid Day One ON ARRIVAL PCR tests would be carried out on-arrival at the hotel; prior to check-in.
(until the negative result is released, the guest will be requested to cooperate with minimum movements and stay in the room; meals provided in-room dining)
* 2nd of the prepaid EXIT PCR tests would be carried out at the hotel:
a. If stay is more than 14 days – perform PCR on 11-14th day of arrival. Upon negative results for both PCRs travelers are allowed to leave the bio-bubble and the respective L1 hotel doctor will issue a discharge document upon verifying the PCR test results
b. If stay is between 5-14 days – perform the PCR depending on the date of departure (i.e. 24-48 hours before departure)
c. If stay is less than 5 days – no exit PCR required
* hotel cooperates with Nawaloka Laboratory and their medical staff comes for PCR testing within working hours from 8am till 6pm to the hotel
AT THE AIRPORT produce the following:
a. Negative COVID-19 PCR report (English) taken within 72 hours before flight
b. Completed Health Declaration Form
LEAVING HOTEL LEVEL 1 INTO THE COMMUNITY AFTER COMPLETION THE REQUIRED NUMBER OF DAYS valid from 28th May 2021
* length of stay 14 days
* with required negative PCR results
* with Discharge letter/document (arranged by hotel and signed by the hotel doctor)
* with final consent from the Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority (arranged by hotel that must provide SLTDA with Discharge letter, guest passport copy, copy of return air ticket and confirmed bookings or residence details of the palces of stay in Sri lanka up to guest departure date).
CANCELLATION POLICY UPDATE
We always consider a comfort of our guests and aim to minimaze their risk while making a new reservation. We still would like to allow our guests to book their stay with lower rates than standard flexible rate. These lower rates are usually with non-refundable conditions. Considering the evolving COVID- 19 situation we have modified our cancellation policy.
Newly some of our Deals, with original non-refundable conditions, are possible to book as FLEXIBLE.
This is valid for following promotions:
* Advance purchase with 15% discount / by 22nd Dec 2021
* Stay More Pay Less with 23% discount / by 22nd Dec 2021
* Early Bird with 27% or 30% discount / by 31st Oct 2021
* Half board special / by 31st Oct 2021
* Campaign Stay 5 Pay 4 with B&B / by 31st Oct 2021
* Campaign Stay 7 Pay 6 for Half board special / by 31st Oct 2021