We are glad to announce that Sri Lanka has opened airports for foreign tourists from 21st January 2021.
Tourists must stay at a certified ‘Safe & Secure’ Level 1 hotel for up to 15 days depending on the duration of your stay and vaccination status.
Weligama Bay Resort is certified Level 1 hotels and has Safe&Secure certificate.
As Level 1 hotel we may accommodate only tourists up to 15 days after their arrival to Sri Lanka.
We highly recommend to all tourist to check all essential and up to date information on web srilanka.travel where you may find document such as Health Protocol for Arrivals, Approved Tourism Sites and Attractions, Health and Declaration Form, Information on Covid 19 Insurance, FAQ and Important Notices.
HEALTH & SAFETY – Our commitment to the safety of our guests and employees
The safety and health of our guests, employees, partners and fellow citizens remain our top priority. We continuously follow the latest news and recommendations by experts and local authorities.
The hotel obtained the CERTIFICATE of CONFORMITY COVID-19 SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM from the Sri Lanka Standards Institution.
We have taken additional measures developed with information from the local public health authorities in our hotel such as:
* We maintain higher standards of cleanliness and hygiene that includes the highest hand washing hygiene, public area and guest rooms cleaning procedures and laundry service procedures. We are using special detergents to clean Guest rooms after check-out and before the next guest arrival;
* We replaced all our mattresses May 2020; new mattresses Spring Air – back supporter perfect balance series;
* We frequently sanitize the public areas of the hotel (including lobby, elevator, bathrooms) and have introduced antibacterial hand sanitizers in public areas as well;
* Tables in our restaurants will be in minimum distance of 1,5-2m one from each other and will be sanitized after each use;
* All our rooms and villas have individual A/C we do not have central A/C system;
* Bawana Spa treatments and surf lessons with hotel instructor available with 1st after arrival PCR test negative result;
* Hotel may organize trips to SLTDA approved Tourist Attractions that are possible to visit with 1st after arrival PCR test negative result (at this moment it is not allowed to visit Tourism Sites&Attractions and will be updated in middle of June 2021).
HOW TO APPLY FOR VISA
Applies to International Tourists visiting Sri Lanka under tourist visa and optional for dual citizens, valid resident visa holders, Sri Lankan citizens who opt to come under the tourism route.
* All visas must be applied ONLY online through the Immigration ETA portal (www.eta.gov.lk).
* Before applying for visa, ensure you have the following:
a) a pre-confirmed booking at a Level 1 ‘Safe & Secure Certified’ hotel/s for up to 15 days depending on the duration of your stay and vaccination status. Hotel booking/s could be made directly with the hotel or through ‘Safe & Secure’ certified travel Agent or OTA. Visitors allowed moving within L1 hotels and using all facilities of the hotel upon the negative on arrival PCR
b) pay to hotel or Travel agent for the mandatory COVID-19 local travel insurance cover at USD 12 for a policy of USD 50,000 for a period of one month (including children below 2 years)
c) pay to hotel or Travel agent for PCR tests (USD 40 per PCR test) depending on the status of your vaccination.
If you pay the obligatory PCR tests and Covid insurance to the hotel then hotel will issue a Reference number which you need to include in your online visa form under the section ‘Contact details’. There you will be asked for ‘Address in Sri Lanka’ under which you need to indicate your hotel name, address and the reference number issued.
MANDATORY PCR TEST AND COVID-19 INSURANCE
1. The cost per pre-purchased PCR test is 40 USD per test depending on the length of stay:
a) all travellers should undergo Day One on Arrival test. 2nd Exit test with respect to vaccination status.
b) children below 2 years are exempted from PCR testing (Day One On Arrival test and 2nd Exit test). However if the parents/guardians develop symptoms or result in positive PCR test reports children will undergo PCR tests.
c) children between 2-12 years will be exempted from On Arrival (Day One) PCR testing ONLY if they are coming under non-vaccinated route.
d) children between 2-18 years not vaccinated are subject to One Arrival (Day One) PCR test to be allowed to leave the bubble with fully vaccinated parents in a shorter period
2. Mandatory COVID-19 Insurance cover from People’s Insurance PLC costs 12 USD
3. The hotel must collect these funds in advance and tranfer these to Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority bank account until the mobile App or web based solution available from SLTDA, then guests will be able to pay online
4. The hotel will issue a Reference number to guest after to receive the payment for PCR tests and the Covid-19 insurance (the guest will be asked to provide hotel with passport number).
The Reference number has to be given in the ETA visa form when guest asks for visa on eta.gov.lk (see above).
5. Guest is kindly asked to provide hotel with VISA application number as soon as receive this from ETA. Hotel must provide this number along with others details to Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority to ensure VISA process.
PCR TEST PROCEDURE
With respect to Health protocol Tourist route issued on 17th July 2021 and updated Quarantine Measures for Travellers issued on 7th July 2021:
* 1st of the prepaid Day One ON ARRIVAL PCR tests would be carried out on-arrival at the hotel; prior to check-in.
(until the negative result is released, the guest will be requested to cooperate with minimum movements and stay in the room; meals provided in-room dining)
* the prepaid 2nd EXIT PCR tests would be carried out at the hotel (applicable for not vaccinated guests and those with vaccination incomplete):
A) NOT VACCINATED
a. If stay more than 15 days – undergo the 2nd PCR on day 14th.
b. If stay between 5-14 days – undergo the 2nd PCR depending 24-36 hours prior to departure
c. If stay less than 5 days – no exit PCR required
B) VACCINATION INCOMPLETE
Travelers who are vaccinated, yet not completed 2 weeks from the recommended doses of vaccination will be entitled for a shorter bio-bubble period as below:
a) Traveler will undergo the 2nd PCR test on completion of day 14 from the recommended doses of vaccination and upon negative test results will leave the bubble with relevat releas documents
C) FULLY VACCINATED
a) Fully vaccinated travellers who have NO travel history (including transit) to any travel restricted countries in the past 14 days (India, South American countries and South African countries: South Africa, Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe) and discharged from a L1 Safe & Secure Certified hotel with an On Arrival (Day One) negative COVID-19 PCR report and Discharge documents, are exempted from 2nd PCR test.
b) Unvaccinated children of 2-18 years who have been released with the fully vaccinated parents should undergo a COVID-19 PCR test on Day 7 after arriving in Sri Lanka, from a Ministry of Health approved Private Sector or State Sector Laboratory and inform the results immediately to area MOH by telephone or email.
When travelers leave the bio-bubble Level 1 hotel after Day One On Arrival PCR test negative result, i.e. after 48 hours, travelers are not allowed to come back to Level 1 hotel to undergo the 2nd PCR test on day 7
* hotel cooperates with Nawaloka Laboratory and their medical staff comes for PCR testing within working hours from 8am till 6pm to the hotel
AT THE AIRPORT produce the following:
a. Negative COVID-19 PCR test done within 72 hours before boarding flight (including children below 2 years). Report must be in English.
b. Completed Health Declaration Form
c. Original vaccination certificate / card (together with a certified copy of English language translation if the certificate/card is not in English or if relevant data are not indicated in English in a non – English certificate / card) or a verifiable evidence of vaccination.
LEAVING HOTEL LEVEL 1 INTO THE COMMUNITY AFTER COMPLETION THE REQUIRED NUMBER OF DAYS valid from 17th July 2021
* length of stay up to 15 days (depending on the duration of your stay and vaccination status):
a) fully vaccinated guests minimum lenght of stay requested 2 nights but we may recommend 7 nights if they travel with non vaccinated children 2-18 years that are subject to 2nd test on day 7 to be able to leave bio bubble and if they wish to conduct this Day 7 test in the hotel Level 1.
b) guests with vaccination uncomplete and not vaccinated guests minimum lenght of stay requested up to 15 days
* with required negative PCR results (Day One On Arrival test for fully vaccinated / 2nd Exit test for not vaccinated and those with vaccination uncomplete)
* with Discharge document (arranged by hotel and signed by the hotel doctor)
* with final consent from the Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority (arranged by hotel that must provide SLTDA with Discharge document, guest passport copy, copy of return air ticket and confirmed bookings or residence details of the palces of stay in Sri lanka up to guest departure date).
CANCELLATION POLICY UPDATE
We always consider a comfort of our guests and aim to minimaze their risk while making a new reservation. We still would like to allow our guests to book their stay with lower rates than standard flexible rate. These lower rates are usually with non-refundable conditions. Considering the evolving COVID- 19 situation we have modified our cancellation policy.
Newly some of our Deals, with original non-refundable conditions, are possible to book as FLEXIBLE.
This is valid for following promotions:
* Advance purchase with 15% discount / by 22nd Dec 2021
* Stay More Pay Less with 23% discount / by 22nd Dec 2021
* Early Bird with 27% or 30% discount / by 31st Oct 2021
* Half board special / by 31st Oct 2021
* Campaign Stay 5 Pay 4 with B&B / by 31st Oct 2021
* Campaign Stay 7 Pay 6 for Half board special / by 31st Oct 2021