We are glad to announce that Sri Lanka reopens airports for foreign tourists from 21st January 2021.
All bookings to be made with a Level 1 certified Safe&Secure hotels for the initial period of up to 14 days.
Weligama Bay Resort is listed among Level 1 hotels and has Safe&Secure certificate.
As Level 1 hotel we may accommodate only tourists up to 14 days/nights after their arrival to Sri Lanka.
We highly recommend to all tourist to check all essential information on web srilanka.travel where you may find document such as Sri Lanka Tourism Safety Protocol, Approved Tourism Sites and Attractions, Health and Declaration Form, Information on Covid 19 Insurance and FAQ.
HEALTH & SAFETY – Our commitment to the safety of our guests and employees
The safety and health of our guests, employees, partners and fellow citizens remain our top priority. We continuously follow the latest news and recommendations by experts and local authorities.
The hotel obtained the CERTIFICATE of CONFORMITY COVID-19 SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM from the Sri Lanka Standards Institution.
We have taken additional measures developed with information from the local public health authorities in our hotel such as:
* We maintain higher standards of cleanliness and hygiene that includes the highest hand washing hygiene, public area and guest rooms cleaning procedures and laundry service procedures. We are using special detergents to clean Guest rooms after check-out and before the next guest arrival;
* We replaced all our mattresses May 2020; new mattresses Spring Air – back supporter perfect balance series;
* We frequently sanitize the public areas of the hotel (including lobby, elevator, bathrooms) and have introduced antibacterial hand sanitizers in public areas as well;
* Tables in our restaurants will be in minimum distance of 1,5-2m one from each other and will be sanitized after each use;
* All our rooms and villas have individual A/C we do not have central A/C system;
* Bawana Spa treatments and surf lessons with instructor available after 2nd PCR test negative result is released.
VISA APPLICATION, PCR TEST AND COVID-19 INSURANCE
* As explained in Sri Lanka Tourism Protocol each guest must have a confirmed hotel reservation or reservation made with travel agent, pre-purchased PCR test and a mandatory Covid-19 insurance before applying for a VISA
* The cost per pre-purchased PCR test is 40 USD depending on the number of days of stay; It will be 2 PCR tests for 7 days stay and 3 PCR tests for stays over 7 days
* With respect to Ministry of Health announcement dated 1st Feb 2021, children under 12 years will be exempted from PCR testing. However if indicated (symptomatic, identified as a first contact of known patient etc) the relevant child should undergo the PCR test
* Mandatory COVID-19 Insurance cover from People’s Insurance PLC costs 12 USD
* The hotel must collect these funds in advance and tranfer these to Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority bank account until the mobile App or web based solution available from SLTDA, then guests will be able to pay online
* The hotel will issue a Reference number after to receive the payment for PCR tests and the Covid-19 insurance (the guest will be asked to provide hotel with passport number).
The reference number has to be given in the ETA visa form when guest asks for visa on eta.gov.lk
* Guest is kindly ask to provide hotel with VISA application number as soon as receive this from ETA. Hotel must provide this detail to Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority
PCR TEST PROCEDURE
* 1st test is taken in the hotel prior check-in
(until the on arrival PCR test result is released, the guest will be requested to cooperate with minimum movements and stay in the room; meals provided in-room dining)
* 2nd test is taken in the hotel 5-7 days after arrival
(after 2nd test with negative result, guest may use spa treatments and surf lessons)
* 3rd test is taken 10-12 days after arrival
Tests are taken by trained medical staff in the hotel premises or their lab car. Results are usually released within 24 hours
CANCELLATION POLICY UPDATE
We always consider a comfort of our guests and aim to minimaze their risk while making a new reservation. We still would like to allow our guests to book their stay with lower rates than standard flexible rate. These lower rates are usually with non-refundable conditions. Considering the evolving COVID- 19 situation we have modified our cancellation policy.
Newly some of our Deals, with original non-refundable conditions, are possible to book as FLEXIBLE.
This is valid for following promotions:
* Advance purchase with 15% discount / by 31st Oct 2021
* Stay More Pay Less with 23% discount / by 31st Oct 2021
* Early Bird with 27% or 30% discount / by 31st Oct 2021
* Half board special / by 30Jun 2021