Hotel was opened in November 2008 in the middle of the unspoilt nature on a sandy beach. Weligama Bay Resort lies on the southern tip of the island in the middle of the Weligama Bay. It is situated between Matara and Galle, 143 km from capital city Colombo and 170km from Bandaranaike International Airport. Thanks to the newly opened section of highway, the journey lasts about 2,5 hour from the airport .
It is a beautiful place with near off shore islet known as Taprobane where a dream house of French Count de Maunay was built on and where later on famous writer Arthur C.Clark made his home.
Long, clean and safe beach attracts visitors who are searching for a relaxing vacation and also for surfers who loves Weligama Bay. But it is also a perfect starting point for exploration of nearby attractions.
Weligama Bay Resort is a small luxury resort with a perfect service for individuals or small groups, a perfect place for fulfilling all your high expectations of a tropical holiday.
We are pleased and ready to offer you the following concept:
- boutique accomodation in five room categories either in the main building or in the garden
- location directly on the beach
- local fresh high quality food
- relaxation either on the beach or in the pool with jacuzzi for 6 people
- wellness experience of ayurveda massages